Restoration of rising damp
MS hydro protect FAST AND EASY, solves the problem of damp walls under the influence capillary moisture.
The device reduces the molecular action of their surface tension of moisture in the wall, which allows moisture to be under the influence of gravitational forces follow the wall back into the soil.
In the initial period of operation the device is coming up:
– Drainage of the surface of the wall which is accompanied by the appearance of nitrate salts and their localization at the surface damaged walls
– The smell of damp which until then (in most cases) was very intense, decreases or no longer felt (reduces the amount of atmospheric moisture in the air) it is actually the smell of stale and rotten walls of water that evaporate from the walls of the room carries with it bacteria and fungi that saturates the space and increases atmospheric moisture.
– Walls that had previously been soaked with moisture and become sticky to the touch dry and crumbling to the touch (top layer of the wall: lime, plaster, etc.)
– Dilatation (due to freezing of water in the walls during winter) are also separated completely drained and repaired walls that remain dry.
The system must be in continuous operation in order to avoid the same capillary.
The unit in continuous operation requires no special care other than a permanent connection to the mains supply.
If it is a rather sanitized facility (cutting, grouting) the possibility of slower drying up, and if the walls are protected by water-tight and waterproof materials, colors also has the effect of slowing.
After the operation the device for a period of 2-3 months, it is possible to start with the rehabilitation of damaged parts of the wall that is building.
-Any intervention on the object that is before permanent drainage facility, advance is doomed to failure.
1. Material disintegration and destruction
Damp rises up the walls, carrying dissolved salts and nitrates. When the damp evaporates and dries up, the salts crystallise, and given that crystallisation stress is one of the highest in nature, the resulting pressure causes significant damages.
Water in the wall changes its physical states.
Frost in the winter and vapour in the summer rotate in the structure, causing the constant slow destruction of the structure, i.e. the disintegration of the wall. This means that the structure itself weakens in its functional sense. The worst damage usually occurs in the wall zone up to which damp rose, that is, where it stopped rising.
2. Unpleasant smell of damp
The smell of damp is actually the smell of stale water in the walls that evaporates from the walls, spreading bacteria and fungi thus saturating the space and causing increased atmospheric humidity.
Such spaces are unpleasant to stay and work in.
3. Health risks
The presence of mould, water damage, or musty odours should be addressed immediately. People with weakened immune systems are particularly susceptible to mould-related illness, also infants and children and the elderly.
Mould can produce toxic substances known as mycotoxins. Persons exposed to toxic mould can experience a variety of health effects, these include: Allergic and other immune responses: allergic sinusitis, allergic conjunctivitis, eczema, asthma, hypersensitivity pneumonitis, and allergic contact dermatitis.
Infectious responses: mycosis, aspergillosis.
Mycotoxin responses: commonly exhibited as eye and throat irritations.
Neurotoxic responses: headache, fatigue, dizziness, memory and verbal problems, depression.